29 September 2007

Lazy Saturdays

Lazy Saturday. Most times I come home, that's how it is and unfortunately I find it already after 7pm and I've gotten almost nothing productive done during the day. I suppose that's what weekends are for; my weekdays are crazy enough, but there's something unsettling about ending a day and having nothing to show for it, maybe an extra pound gained or something. Ugh. I did watch the KSU v. Texas game on ABC though and thoroughly enjoyed it. It was good, and K-State pulled out like four interceptions, getting up by 20 at the end...awesome. The camera crews alternated between the disappointed faces of the Texas fans and the ever-darkening sky as a storm approached. Austin, TX was dumped on during all of halftime and at the start of the 3rd quarter, leaving the Longhorn followers wet and miserable, probably wishing they'd have stayed at home. It was great.

Last night I went to a concert at McCain, a French pianist whose name I cannot spell or probably pronounce, but he was good. He's only 20 and debuted last year at Carnegie Hall. Everyone clapped and stood for an ovation, so he returned twice for an encore, which was great but it was hard to enjoy knowing as soon as he walked out the side stage door and didn't return, I was free to begin my two-hour drive home. I listened to a CD Kristin made me the whole trip which might have not been a good idea because it made me miss her even more. Man.

Thursday at Navs, the lesson was the final part of the series on trusting God, and I'd type up my notes for you, but my notebook is back in my dorm. I finally filled up the last pages of my notebook (that I've been using for just over a year), so I'll have to stop somewhere on my way back to Manhattan and get a new one.

I don't have any classes until next Wednesday (though then I have five all in the same day), but I am afraid it will come too fast. I'm not buried in homework, but at the rate things are going, I'll still be spending most of Tuesday afternoon finishing things up. Oh, how good it will feel when May 2009 rolls around. No more homework, ever. Just a job, which if I pick it right, won't be so stressful.

That's all I have for now. Sorry for not writing yesterday; it was good, though. Jeremy, Bud, Maria, and I hung out at City Park and it was very nice. Erica and JR should be getting home sometime tonight, but I'm not sure when. And since Erica's bed is a twin, she's kicking me out of mine (a full size). Oh, well. :-) Um...day 212 I believe. Praise God. I woke up Friday morning feeling very much at peace with that. Awesome.

0 comments:


View My Stats