11 February 2008

Embracing Accusation

Embracing Accusation - Shane & Shane

The father of lies
Coming to steal
Kill and destroy
All my hopes of being good enough
I hear him saying cursed are the ones
Who can’t abide
He’s right
Alleluia he’s right!

The devil is preaching
The song of the redeemed
That I am cursed and gone astray
I cannot gain salvation
Embracing accusation

Could the father of lies
Be telling the truth
Of God to me tonight?
If the penalty of sin is death
Then death is mine
I hear him saying cursed are the ones
Who can’t abide
He’s right
Alleluia he’s right!

Oh the devil’s singing over me
An age old song
That I am cursed and gone astray
Singing the first verse so conveniently
He’s forgotten the refrain
Jesus saves!
----
Lu introduced this song to me this weekend. I came back to Manhattan and really listened to the lyrics. I struggle with lies constantly -- lies that I'm not worth anything, that I don't deserve anything good, that sin is too strong to be conquered.

But these are lies from the Father of Lies, the Devil himself, who desires nothing more than to blacken my spirit and hide the Truth from me. Am I less of a person because of the things I have done in my past? No! Get away from me, Satan! Your lies are crap. Grace and peace. There is no condemnation. I will not allow you to make me fall into despair and hopelessness. My hope is in the Lord.

1 Peter 5:8 - Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.

Romans 8:1 - Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.

Romans 8:31 - What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the color change. Sounds like you had a great weekend too.

Anonymous said...

the colors are so....cheery! it brightened up my mood and made me all perky when i visited your site!
i really like the words to that song :]
1 peter 5:8 is one of my favorite verses :D

Anonymous said...

I especially liked the part where you told Satan his lies were crap. Rock on!


View My Stats