14 February 2008

Seeing and Savoring

A piece of John Piper's Seeing and Savoring Jesus Christ. Enjoy chewing on this for awhile.

We are starved for the glory of God, not self. No one goes to the Grand Canyon to increase self-esteem.
There is greater healing for the soul in beholding splendor than there is in beholding self.

The physical eye is meant to say to the spiritual eye, "Not this, but the Maker of this, is the Desire of your soul."

Isaiah 40:26 Lift your eyes and look to the heavens:
Who created all these?
He who brings out the starry host one by one,
and calls them each by name.
Because of his great power and mighty strength,
not one of them is missing.

We were created for the purpose of knowing and enjoying the glory of God.

Isaiah 43:6-7 I will say to the north, 'Give them up!' and to the south, 'Do not hold them back.' Bring my sons from afar and my daughters from the ends of the earth -- everyone who is called by my name, whom I created for my glory, whom I formed and made.

0 comments:


View My Stats