18 March 2008

California, Here I Come

I'm packin' up and going to California. 8am tomorrow. If Cornell loses, we'll come back Saturday. If they beat Princeton, we'll stay for the Saturday game and get back late Sunday. That means I'll spend Sunday night at home and drive back to Manhattan early to make my 11:30am class.
Geoff called today from his plane. They took a charter plane from Ithaca. They stopped in Salina to refuel before landing in Anaheim. He said their hotel is right next to Disney Land.

I've been pretty productive today...typed up notes for five chapters in my finance book, three chapters in my Development of the English Language book, finished my reading (Ch. 1-13, 16) from Thoreau's Walden, and got caught up on my English journal. I also made black bean chili and edited a couple photos. Now all I have left to do is read Shakespeare's Measure for Measure, read two geography articles and write a three-page paper about one of them, and finish Steinbeck's Travels with Charley. Not so bad..right? Especially because everything I have left is due the Wednesday I get back, the Friday I get back, and then a week later.

Honestly, though, all this homework has kept me out of the Word since I've been home. I'm anxious to get back and be around my friends and back into a schedule. I'm really excited for these next few days. A much-needed break/vacation. I plan on taking my computer -- I'm sure everywhere in Anaheim is wireless. Check back for updates and photos.

I've been editing all these photos lately (see Facebook), and some of my recent ones I've really enjoyed trying to find pictures to capture the incredibleness of the verses. Here's a couple favorites.

Isaiah 58: 9 - Then you shall call, and the Lord will answer; You shall cry, and He will say, 'Here I am."...
















Psalm 27:14
- Wait for the Lord. Be strong and take heart. Wait for the Lord.

0 comments:


View My Stats