13 March 2008

No Longer

Galatians 4:3-7

3So also, when we were children, we were in slavery under the basic principles of the world. 4But when the time had fully come, God sent his Son, born of a woman, born under law, 5to redeem those under law, that we might receive the full rights of sons. 6Because you are sons, God sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, the Spirit who calls out, "Abba, Father." 7So you are no longer a slave, but a son; and since you are a son, God has made you also an heir.

These past two weeks have been a bit rough. School is crazy, but most of all I find myself struggling in the same old sins. This is not who I am to be. Before I was a slave to sin, now I am free from its control. Christ has promised to provide a way out of all temptation. I have no excuse for turning to my former ways. I am no longer a slave, but a daughter. And since I am a daughter, God has made me also an heir.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'll be praying to God to help you with your struggles :]


View My Stats