28 April 2008

sans Shame

2 Corinthians 11:9

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.
This weekend I've been challenged to overcome shame and guilt in facing my weaknesses, in admitting that I can do nothing apart from Christ, in taking action when I feel overwhelmed. It's quite humbling to have to ask for help. I asked for the next couple of weeks off from work (and my boss thankfully allowed it) so I'll have time to get things done and maintain some sanity before finals week. It's tough going to eat there now and knowing I was supposed to be working.


"There is no guilt here, there is no shame, no pointing fingers; there is no blame. What happened yesterday has disappeared. The dirt has washed away, and now it's clear: there's only grace! There's only love! There's only mercy, believe me, it's enough. Your sins are gone, without a trace. There's nothing now - there's only grace. . . . "
---

Web site of the day:
FAQs - Squirrels

0 comments:


View My Stats