25 February 2008

All I Can Say

All I Can Say - David Crowder Band
(Click link to listen)


Lord I'm tired
So tired from walking
And Lord I'm so alone
And Lord the dark
Is creeping in
Creeping up
To swallow me
I think I'll stop
Rest here a while

And didn't You see me cry'n?
And didn't You hear me call Your name?
Wasn't it You I gave my heart to?
I wish You'd remember
Where you sat it down

Chorus:
And this is all that I can say right now
And this is all that I can give

Bridge:
I didn't notice You were standing here
I didn't know that
That was You holding me
I didn't notice You were cry'n too
I didn't know that
That was You washing my feet

---
I headed out an hour early this morning so I could get some stuff done (mail a package, print some homework, get an insurance form signed by administration) and this song was playing on my mp3 player. The parking lots were sweating but the sun hit my face, its ray embracing me with warmth. David Crowder Band's lyrics filled my mind and I was immersed in two things: joy and peace.

Reading these lyrics, I'm not sure "joy" and "peace" are the first feelings that would come to mind. This song talks about being tired and worn out, the darkness creeping over everything and deciding to stop and rest. There's this essence of utter exhaustion, and it's the chorus that perhaps hits the right notes in me: "And this is all that I can say right now. This is all that I can give."

How beautiful is that? When I'm at a low point, when I'm beyond exhaustion and feel as though I have little strength, I want to be able to say, "this is all that I can give, and that's my everything." To hold nothing back from the Lord our God, to bow at His feet and offer our lives to the Creator of the universe. My words aren't adequate, but what peace there is in knowing that when we're tired of walking, when we feel alone, when the dark seems to be creeping up every so quickly, we can be confident that there is the Lord standing here, holding us.
---
I e-mailed in and snailed-mailed in my STP application today. It's May 27 - July 27. Here's some info. from the Facebook Event:
Over 2,500 years ago God spoke through the prophet Habakkuk saying, "For the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the Lord as the waters cover the sea" (Hab. 2:14). Five hundred years later, Jesus was telling His disciples that they would be His witnesses "to the ends of the earth" (Acts 1:8). Around 400 years ago a group of church leaders asked the question, "What is the chief end of man?" Their answer? "To glorify God, and to enjoy Him forever." Recently, John Piper has said, "God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him."

There is a drama unfolding on this earth. God's glory is going forth. He has invited you to be a part of it.

Join us as we explore what it means to "glorify God and enjoy Him forever" at the Summer Training Program (STP) in Jacksonville, Florida through One-to-one discipleship, Weekly Bible study, Beach evangelism, Great speakers, A team environment, Weekly workshops, Prayer, Worship, Working hard, Having a blast.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, that sounds amazing I hope you have a great time. And, internship-schminternship, from what I can tell from your posts and some of your past work, you've got a bright future ahead of you - internship or not I'm sure you're going to be just fine.


View My Stats