06 March 2008

Seeing and Savoring: Glory of God

Sorry for not posting yesterday. I really wasn't that busy, just a little distracted. Anyway, yesterday our Mega Men team played our first play-off game. We lost 54-55. Now we're done. Sad story. It was fun while it lasted.

So, yeah. I went to Radina's after my finance class to do a little reading. Chapter 2 was called "Jesus is the Glory of God: The Deity of Jesus Christ." It basically talked about how God = Jesus and the point was to know that the glories of Christ is an end, not a mean. Christ isn't glorious so that we can get healthy or wealthy. Christ is glorious so that we (in whatever condition we are in) might be satisfied in him.

I just wanted to share a couple of verses that really stood out to me. They're places in Scripture where God (the Father) bears witness to the deity of the Son (Jesus Christ):

Hebrews 1:8, 10

But about the Son he says, "Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever, and righteousness will be the scepter of your kingdom. He also says, "In the beginning, O Lord, you laid the foundations of the earth, and the heavens are the work of your hands.
Hebrews 1:3
The Son is the radiance of God's glory, and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.
John Piper writes "Seeing and savoring the glory is the goal of our salvation. To feat on this forever is the aim of our being created and our being redeemed.

John 17:24 (Jesus says:)
Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I am, and to see my glory, the glory you have given me because you loved me before the creation of the world.
Psalm 34:8
Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in him.

0 comments:


View My Stats