18 February 2008

Ready Go

Jess and I are reading The Secret Garden. I think I read it in sixth grade, but I don't really remember it. She read me the first chapter last night when we were ready for bed. We're reading a chapter a night, so it'll take 27 days. I was wide awake when I crawled into bed, but being read to made me sleepy. I feel like a little kid again. It's great.

The Goo Goo Dolls are coming to K-State! I didn't even know until Jeremy told me, so I asked him to get me a ticket. April 18, the Friday before the Spring Game. I looked on the Web site and if you buy a ticket for the concert, you get in free to the game, which I think is pretty cool. I didn't go to the game last year...probably because I would have had to buy a ticket. I saw the Goo Goo Dolls in KC last summer (check out my video of the concert). They're probably the only secular band I'd pay money to go see. I'm pretty excited. I had to take off work. I think I'll try to pick up a few extra shifts for people in the next couple of months to make up for missing work.

I have a basketball game tonight. Apparently we had a game last Wednesday, but we thought it was this Wednesday, so we forfeited because none of us showed up.... :-) So we're now 1-2, having only played one game, but I think if we win our game tonight we could make it to the playoffs. Our co-rec team had a by last week so we play Thursday at 10pm. We're 2-0. We got shirts with Mega-Men on them.
---
No shirts yet. Our girls' team is done. We lost 30-57. Our co-rec team is guaranteed a place in the play-offs. I've seen other co-rec teams playing who seem really good, but hopefully they are in another division. It's a quarter 'til 11pm. I should get to bed since I have to work early.
---

Romans 5:19-21
19
For just as through the disobedience of the one man the many were made sinners, so also through the obedience of the one man the many will be made righteous.

20The law was added so that the trespass might increase. But where sin increased, grace increased all the more, 21so that, just as sin reigned in death, so also grace might reign through righteousness to bring eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww! I love late-night story time! I wish my house was doing that, maybe I can talk 'em into it...

Awesome news about Goo Goo Dolls! They're sweet, they had a new song on the Transformers soundtrack that's pretty stellar. I have Dizzy Up Girl and have only heard a bit of their other stuff, but it would still be fun to see them live. Hopefully there's still tickets.

Anonymous said...

my mom could never read to me because she always fell asleep :(


View My Stats