10 November 2007

Bein' in Bolivar

I made it to Bolivar in just under four hours (including a stop for gas in Garden City, MO). I figured it was close to a five-hour drive, but Google Maps informed me to allow at least 4h 15m. I didn't speed (that much). I skipped my 2:30 biochem lecture, but for good reasons. I'm allowed for absences in that class, so now I only have two, and I hate driving in the dark, so leaving Manhattan by 2pm was good. Erica had to work at the pool until 9pm, so we pulled up the latest episode of the Office and watched it on her laptop (no one was in the pool).

This morning we woke up around 7am and made it out on our bikes for a ride on the trails here just before 8am. It was so cold, probably in the 40s, but we bundled up and after probably a good 30 minutes of riding, I was warming up. We rode out away from Bolivar toward Springfield for more than an hour before turning around and heading back. Then we went to Springfield where JR and Erica treated me to lunch at Applebee's. Then we went to the mall so Erica could use her shopping budget money for the month. Then, my dad has some funds to cover health care costs this year, and there's about $600 left; if he doesn't use it by Dec. 31, it just disappears. Fortunately, over-the-counter meds are covered so I made a trip to Walmart and picked up every kind of medicine you could imagine I might need to stock up. I hated putting it all on my debit card, but once I get all my receipts to my dad, I should be reimbursed. Pretty cool deal. Most of the meds I bought doesn't expire until 2009, but I'm not sure I can take the bottle of 500 acetaminophen or ibuprofen by then (so if you have a splitting headache, come see me!).

I had a coupon for Chex so we got some and made puppy chow. We had to get back to Bolivar because this guy never called Erica back about lifeguarding for her, so Erica had to go to the pool for two hours. JR and I stayed at the house and watched six episodes of the Office, and one more when Erica got home. The KU game just started, so we're watching that now. I have to jet out of here pretty early in the morning because I want to get to Burlington by 10am so I can go to church there.

Anyway, that's what I've been up to today. :-) Unfortunately I have homework to read (and I can't read in the car) so I'll have to get back to Manhattan a little earlier Sunday night to get it done. This semester is almost over; I'm so excited! Next semester should be so much less busy.

0 comments:


View My Stats