20 February 2008

Cows & Christ

Last night Jessica read to me A Cow in the House. It was written in 1956. It was about a farmer and his wife. The wife made some extra-long noodles, but their kitchen was extra-short, and the noodles were going all over the place so the wife decided she needed to buy a bigger house. The farmer couldn't afford it, so she went to the old wise man. He told him to bring the hen into the house. Then he told him to put the goat in. They ran crazily through the house and the farmer hated it. So he went back to the old wise man who told him to also bring the pig into the house. Finally, they brought the cow in. The farmer and his wife hated all the animals in the house! So the farmer went back to the old wise man, who told him to take the animals out again. When all the animals were out, the farmer and his wife finally appreciated how much room they actually had. It was kind of predictable, but good. Yay for storytime.

We set our alarms for 7:30 this morning. We both shut them off for another 15 minutes. After breakfast, I went back to sleep for another hour or so. I don't know what the deal is -- things have been busy/crazy, but also I'm probably not getting enough iron. I bought some more oatmeal today. I think I'm ready for a long weekend. I have to get my STATEments articles done. My goal this weekend is to get my roommate one completed and my study abroad one rough drafted. They are due March 10, which I know will be here before I know it. Tonight is my 3-hour Intro. to Shakespeare class. 7-10pm. Ick. I'm not a fan of school right now! ;-)

--A piece of Othello I hadn't caught the first time; our professor brought it up in class and I liked it:
(Act 2, scene iii. Cassio, when Iago is trying to get him drunk)

Not tonight, good Iago. I have very poor and unhappy brains for drinking . I could well wish courtesy would invent some other custom of entertainment.
--It made me smile and kind of want to memorize it for a time if someone wants me to drink. I can see it now. Alyssa: "Not tonight, good (friend). I have very..."

So, after much thinking and talking to people and praying, I'm pretty sure I'm going to go to STP this summer. (STP = Summer Training Program...in Jacksonville, FL for two months. It's run through Navigators.) Anyway, this is really my last chance to go before I graduate and I'm realizing that no internship is as important as my relationship with Christ. This is like a once-in-a-lifetime experience to spend two months around 100 other believers who are all encouraging each other and learning. I'm excited about it, but at the same time I'm nervous because I know it will require me to step out of my comfort zone. I'm okay with that. "Here I am, Lord." So if you want, please be praying about STP for me and for everyone else considering going.
---

I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death. For me, to live is Christ and to die is gain.
Philippians 1:20-21


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's a silly story :]

i hope your wicked long class went well!


View My Stats